Essential information about pet care. Most people feed their pets dry kibble or canned wet food. These processed foods might not appeal to us, but they contain all the nutrients pets need to stay healthy. Undergoing rigorous testing by veterinary specialists, commercial quality pet food has the highest standards. It generally contains protein, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, and vitamins combined in measured and pre-defined levels. There are specialized recipe formulations for different pet foods. Sometimes the regulatory standards that apply to the pet food industry are quite similar to human foods as they are both processed foods; however, the processing does not correlate with the nutritional value.
Different varieties of pet food are available in the market, depending upon the type (dry or wet), source of ingredients, flavours, etc. The customer chooses as per the pet’s needs and preferences. Sometimes the vet can help you select the right food for your pet.
Importance of taking your dog for walks:
Walking exercises the mind as well as the body. Your dog can’t get the mental stimulation they need in the same fenced area all the time, so you must give your dog excellent mental stimulation by watching wildlife, exploring new paths, seeing other people with their pets and so on. Walking also releases excess energy and helps dogs sleep better at night.
Importance of grooming your pet:
Grooming helps rid the coat of shed hair and dead skin while spreading natural oils. Clipping ensures the maintenance of a comfortable coat length to match the seasons and ensure your pet’s comfort. We recommend that you make grooming a regular part of your pet’s healthcare routine.
How to take care of your pet in winter:
- Make sure your four-footed family members stay safe and warm in the cold weather.
- Provide proper shelter to your pets; keep them inside with you and your family.
- Bundle up, and wipe down; no matter what the temperature, cold wind can threaten a pet’s life.
- Keep in mind to provide them with room-temperature drinking water.
- In case you bathe them, make sure the water is warm and you properly dry them up afterwards.
- Take them immediately to the vet in case of signs of illness